Where is Xur? UPDATE 2
Right so, Xur would normally spawn on one of the four public spaces of Titan, Io, Nessus or the European Dead Zone by now. At 9am GMT.
However, it does appear as though the change to the Tuesday weekly reset, which moved from 9am GMT to 5pm GMT has also impacted when the Agent of Nine arrives as well.
Which is a little odd, since this was clearly not communicated very well by Bungie in their past blog posts.
For those wondering on the exact time changes, as detailed by Bungie these Daily and Weekly activity resets occur at the following times:
• Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) Reset will be at 10:00 AM Pacific (1700 UTC) while Daylight Saving Time is active from March to November.
• Pacific Standard Time (PST) Reset will be at 9:00 AM Pacific (1700 UTC) while Daylight Saving Time is inactive from November to March.
Where is Xur? UPDATE 1
Hold fire on that Xur inventory for this week. He doesn’t appear to have spawned and for now we can only assume that the change to the weekly Reset time may have changed the times for when Xur arrives on a Friday.
Stay tuned for updates and take a look at his stock from last week in the gallery below:
ORIGINAL STORY – Where is Xur today? That’s the question all Destiny 2 players will be asking this morning following a very significant week for Destiny players.
Bungie launched Curse of Osiris and there’s plenty more coming in the weeks ahead. Today, for starters, The Eater of Worlds Raid will go live.
Next week, it’ll be followed by a suite of changes, bug fixes and the first Faction Rally of Season 2. Details, release dates and new images for Dead Orbit, Future War Cult and New Monarchy can be found if you follow the link.
What is worth remembering is that Xur will soon enough have some new items to sell. Details of these changes coming December 12th can be found further down.
But for now, we turn our immediate attention back to Xur and hope that Agent of the Nine returns today with some amazing new exotic stock to spend our Legendary Shards on.
If you’re looking for the mysterious tentacle-faced merchant this week, you won’t find him just yet, so don’t bother checking the Destiny Reddit page for info.
Equally, Xur will arrive slightly sooner this week at 9AM GMT following recent timezone changes. When he does randomly appear, it’ll be somewhere, in one of the four public spaces of Titan, Io, Nessus or the European Dead Zone. We’re assuming that the Patrol Zone of Mercury isn’t applicable, given that not everyone will own the DLC.
Stick with us as we reveal where Xur can be found this week and what he’s selling in exchange for his Legendary shards.
In the meantime, you can recap what Xur was selling last week in the gallery above.
What was Xur selling last week? December 1-5
Last week Xur was selling the following stock, which Guardians could buy using their Legendary Shards:
• Sweet Business Auto Rifle – 29 Legendary Shards
• Lucky Raspberry Exotic chest armour – 23 Legendary Shards
• Synthoceps Exotic Gauntlet armour – 23 Legendary Shards
• Skull of Dire Ahamkara Exotic Helmet armour – 23 Legendary Shards
It’s worth noting every Exotic listed above is a 270 Power level, which was great for anyone who wanted to attempt the Leviathan Raid, which required that Guardians are a minimum level of 270 before starting.
However, the light level has just increased with the Curse of Osiris DLC launch.
Upcoming Xur Changes on Dec 12
Xur has some new offerings for players collecting Exotics:
• Every week, you’ll be able to acquire one of the new Fated Engrams using Legendary Shards that will decrypt as Exotics that aren’t already in your collection
• A simpler Three of Coins that boosts Exotic drop rates from any source for 4 hours
• No obscure stacking mechanics or need to re-apply before every boss
• These cost Legendary Shards and you can have as many as you like
HOW TO ACQUIRE LEGENDARY SHARDS IN DESTINY 2?
Legendary Shards have replaced the Strange Coins as Xur’s currency of choice, but should you still be finding your feet within the game, then below you’ll find a list of every which way you can obtain Legendary Shards in the game:
• Dismantling Legendary weapons and armour (x 2)
• Dismantling Exotic weapons and armour (x 10)
• Strike bosses (rare)
• Weekly Nightfalls
• Planetary chests (rare)
• Lost Sector chests
• Raid chests
• Raid encounters
If you haven’t acquired enough Legendary Shards just yet to buy Xur’s stock, then make sure to farm them quick because Xur and his exotic stock won’t be around for long.
You’ll want to make sure you acquire enough Legendary Shards before the mysterious vendor skips town, which now takes place every Tuesday at 10AM along with the games Weekly Reset.