PUBG Servers are now down as the game prepares for a big new update on Xbox One.
In total, the game is going down for six hours through the night as the developers look to roll out some features and bug fixes after successful testing on the games test server.
“Xbox players: There will be a 6 hour maintenance period on our live servers starting at May 22 6PM PDT / May 23 3AM CEST.
“Patch notes will be available before maintenance is complete.”
The bad news, today’s update won’t be bringing the new Miramar map to the game just yet.
The good news? These last remaining updates should pave the way for the maps release later this week on May 24.
Keep reading to review some of the preliminary patch notes, although more extensive patch notes are sure to follow now that the game has gone offline.
NEW PATCH CHANGES:
Optimization / Stabilization
- We have modified world loading processes, allowing buildings and their interiors to load simultaneously and reducing the overall rendering time.
- Miramar requires additional work to bring it to the same level of optimisation as Erangel.
- Optimized shadow in certain situations to reduce crashes.
- Option of turning off Aim Acceleration has been separated, and the slider that sets the acceleration degree has been changed from 0~10 to 1~10.
- Settings tab order has been changed.
- Name and description of “Control Setting” has been modified.
- Slider range of the “Vertical Sensitivity Multiplier” has been adjusted to 50%–150%.
- Vehicle and weapon spawns have been increased on Miramar.