The HTC U12+ will be announced on 23 May as the company once again attempts to prove it’s not done in the flagship space just yet. Shown above (via @evleaks), a highlight is not just the dual-camera at the rear, but another at the front, as well as an 18:9 notch-free display.
When is the HTC U12+ coming out?
HTC will announce the U12+ on 23 May 2018.
How can you watch the HTC U12+ live stream?
According to a very legit-looking spec sheet posted by @evleaks, the embargo time given to the press for the HTC U12+ announcement is 8am GMT (10am CEST, 4pm Taiwan) on 23 May. We have not heard anything from the UK PR about a live stream, and at this time in the morning (and based on previous HTC performance) we would not expect to see one.
However, if we are wrong, you will find that live stream embedded at the top of this article nearer the time.
HTC U12+ Specification rumours
From the various images that have leaked in the lead up to the HTC U12’s announcement we know that the upcoming phone now has dual-cameras front and rear, and a notch-free 18:9 display with much slimmer bezels. There’s also a fingerprint scanner at the rear, and USB-C in place of a headphone jack.
Here’s the full rundown of what to expect:
- Display: 6in Quad-HD+ (2880×1440, 537ppi) 18:9 Super LCD 6 with HDR support, Gorilla Glass
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo with HTC Sense, confirmed upgrade to Android P
- Processor: 2.6GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB, microSD up to 2TB
- Primary camera: 12Mp UltraPixel 4 wide-angle (1.4um, f/1.75) + 16Mp telephoto (1.0um, f/2.6), 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom, HDR, OIS, Dual LED flash, 4K video @ 60fps
- Front camera: 8Mp + 8Mp (1.12um, f/2.0), Full-HD video
- Audio: HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi Edition, Hi-Res Audio recording and playback
- Connectivity: 4G; dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 5.0; GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS; USB-C 3.1; NFC; HTC Connect; Miracast
- Waterproofing: IP68
- Battery: 3500mAh; Quick Charge 3.0 (50% in 35 minutes)
- Dimensions: 156.6×73.9×8.7-9.7mm
- Weight: 188g
The leaked information also reveals that there will be a ‘Liquid Surface’ design with new pressure-sensitive buttons and a new touch feedback experience.
Edge Sense 2 gestures will be supported, meaning you can squeeze the sides of the phone to access apps or control the U12+, hold for Smart Rotate and Smart Dim, double-tap for one-handed mode or as a back key or navigation bar, and customise gestures to launch the camera, voice assistant and more.
Read next: Best new phones coming in 2018