Destiny Weekly Reset – UPDATE 1:
Following this morning’s Weekly Reset to Destiny 2, here are some of the nitty-gritty details listing all the various modifiers in place on the Nightfall, as well as some of the more individual Flashpoint and Meditations challenges for Destiny 2 players on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
In addition to the below, it’s also worth noting that The Iron Banner is now live.
For now though, here are the Destiny 2 Reset changes:
NIGHTFALL STRIKE: The Pyramidion
• Momentum Modifier: Momentum prevents health and shield regeneration while standing still.
• Timewarp – Zero Hour: prevents the mission time from being extended.
NIGHTFALL STRIKE CHALLENGES
• Speed of Dark: complete the Nightfall with at least five minutes remaining.
• Unbroken: complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.
• Siege Engine: do not allow Brakion to remain shielded for more than 40 seconds before defeating it.
Visit Ikora in the Tower and you can replay specific story missions which are significantly harder than the base game, in exchange you’ll earn engams.
This week players can repeat the following story missions:
• Six: a crashed colony ship, an inter-species war… Cayde-6 got that adventure he wanted. Go save him from it.
• Sacrilege: since the loss of her Light, Ikora has many questions—and she’s not leaving Io without answers.
• Looped: no one’s heard from Cayde-6 since the Hunter took off for an uncharted world. Track him down.
• This week’s destination is IO. Complete Public Events to finish the Milestone and get a Luminous Engram.
Clan XP is reset
Destiny 2 Guardians have just a couple of hours remaining to make the most of the numerous activities and in-game rewards before the ritual Tuesday weekly reset takes place.
Due to the change to Daylight Saving Time recently, this now occurs even earlier than past weeks, and means that the reset is scheduled to take place later today at the following times around the world:
UK: 9am (GMT), Europe: 11am (CEST), East Coast US: 4am (EDT), West Coast US: 2am (PDT).
However, Bungie has also signalled their intent to change the reset time to 17:00 UTC from December 5, 2017 onwards.
For now, its back to today’s reset and for most players, this is a fairly common occurrence, dating right back to the first game where certain in-game activities reset on a weekly schedule.
It includes everything from new in-game activities, access to the Trials of the Nine PvP mode and even the sudden disappearance of exotic gear Vendor Xur.
Essentially this is a countdown to complete these tasks before they’re reset, replaced or removed entirely.
Each Tuesday, the following rituals and activities will have all progression and rewards reset and/or removed:
• Leviathan Raid rewards
• Weekly Nightfall Strike
• Trials of the Nine unavailable after the weekly reset
• Xur disappears again…
• New Flashpoint destination on one of the game’s four planets
• Personal Clan XP contribution and Clan Engram rewards
• New Treasure Maps from Cayde-6
• Milestone rewards for Call to Arms, Nightfall, Flashpoint, Clan XP
Keep reading for more details on the key changes taking place.
The Iron Banner
Lord Saladin’s Iron Banner returns this week and while this is the second time console players will have the opportunity to join in, it’s the first time PC Guardians are invited.
To compete, you must meet the following qualifications:
• Complete the Destiny 2 campaign – the only way to reach the Tower
• Visit Lord Saladin in the Tower to begin the Iron Banner Quest
• Launch into the Iron Banner playlist
Iron Banner rewards may be earned through reputation tokens turned in to Lord Saladin. Challenges will be offered each day for additional token rewards, along with Milestones to track progress.
This Iron Banner is also your last chance to earn the Season 1 Iron Banner Emblem, Shades of Radegast, granted when completing the Seasonal Milestone.
The past week has seen Destiny 2 Guardians taking on the Nightfall Strike for Savathun’s Song with Momentum and Timewarp: Anomalies modifiers active, but following the weekly reset, players will have yet another brand new Nightfall to experience.
For anyone not in the know, a Destiny 2 Nightfall Strike is essentially higher-difficulty variations of each existing Destiny 2 Strike.
During a Nightfall Strike, enemies are usually tougher and different enemies may appear in clusters as you encounter them throughout the mission, compared to a usual Strike.
In addition, Bungie normally adds certain modifiers to each Nightfall Strike which make the process even more difficult. For example, enemies could have increased aim accuracy, or more enemies could have shields.
Alternatively, it might be modifiers which impact the player, such as players taking more damage while airborne or having the player radar completely disabled.
However, it’s impossible to know what Nightfall Strike will replace The Inverted Spire as we no longer have a roadmap to refer to.
Stay tuned for details as soon as the weekly reset is complete.
Where is Xur?
Last Friday when players were asking ‘Where is Xur?’ they quickly discovered the exotic gear merchant on Titan near The Rig area of the map to discover what he was selling.
In past week’s players have been able to pick up some excellent exotics, however, this past week, wasn’t exactly a fantastic selection.
Compared to past weeks that brought us the Merciless Fusion Rifle and Wardcliff Coil Rocket Launcher, this weeks stock seemed quite tame.
Previously, in Destiny 1, Xur used to leave the tower on a Sunday, giving Guardians only the weekend to properly acquire those Strange Coins to trade in for exotic weapons and armour.
In Destiny 2, however, Xur leaves when the game undergoes it’s Tuesday weekly reset.
That means players don’t have long to trade in their Legendary Shards for Xur’s loot, which this week included:
• Hard Light Auto Rifle – 29 Legendary Shards
• Lucky Raspberry Chest Armour for the Hunter – 23 Legendary Shards
• Synthoceps Gauntlets Armour – 23 Legendary Shards
• Karnstein Armlets Gauntlets Armour for the Warlock – 23 Legendary Shards
For a closer look at his inventory, take a look at the gallery below.