A Florida gentleman states just one of his Apple AirPods started out cigarette smoking as he was operating out at a St. Petersburg health and fitness center.
Jason Colon failed to truly see his AirPod burst into flame, because he took the gadget out of his ear and left it on a piece of health and fitness center machines to look for help. But when Colon returned, the AirPod had popped open, and char marks turned parts of the white plastic gray.
“I failed to see it transpire, but, I necessarily mean, it was previously fried,” Colon informed neighborhood tv station WFLA Television set.
WFLA arrived at out to Apple after Colon informed his story. An Apple spokesperson informed the station that the organization is investigating the condition.
This is the initially time AirPods have built headlines for exploding, so it doesn’t surface to be a widespread problem. A lookup of Apple’s support discussion boards turned up two studies of AirPods expanding heat or very hot after 30 minutes of use.
Personally, I have owned a pair of AirPods for much more than a year and have worn them each day with no any sign of battery troubles. But gadgets with lithium-ion batteries have been known to explode in the past.
Samsung’s Galaxy Observe seven is a key instance — the organization had to recall its flagship smartphone entirely after multiple gadgets blew up. Apple’s AirPods have 3 lithium-ion batteries: just one in every single earbud, and a further in the charging case.